Well, I just got back to work yesterday from Thanksgiving vacation. I had 5 days off in a row and it was soooo great! Hope you all had a great holiday. Ours was so nice, I cooked Thanksgiving dinner this year. We stayed home all day, watched the Macy's parade and some movies - it was perfect. We attempted to go to the mall on Black Friday and it was too crazy, had to get out of there. Max got two shirts for $5.00 each and Mike got 2 shirts too. I also got 99.9% of my Christmas shopping done on Saturday!!! Now I have to wrap all those gifts LOL....
So now that it's officially the Christmas season, here's a little survey I saw at The Curious Pug. Feel free to take the survey and post it on your blog, I'd love to see your answers :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog wins hands down.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them and they look so pretty.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love blinking white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I only did one time, never think to do it every year.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend right after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? We always have Italian food for Christmas, so I would have to say baked ziti.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Where I used to live when I was little, the street across from us was just trees. I remember one Christmas Eve looking out the window waiting for my aunts to come over and seeing all the snow falling and all the snow covered trees. It seemed almost magical and I'll never forget how I felt, the excitement and anticipation of Christmas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember to tell you the truth, but I don't remember being upset about it.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, we exchange gifts with my aunt and my sister's family every Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I used to always change it up. I used to do different themes and colors every couple of years. Now I just keep it simple, not too much decorating.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love to look at it but hate to go out in it.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, well I did years ago. I actually want to take my kids ice skating this winter.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've had a lot over the years, but my favorite when I was little was my Cabbage Patch doll.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering that we're celebrating the birth of Jesus and also just being with family. I love to celebrate the whole season leading up to Christmas Day too.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My homemade Tiramisu.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Baking christmas cookies every year.
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Definately giving, I love to see everyone open the gifts I bought them and see their faces.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum - I like them in hot chocolate.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I love all the shows on ABC's Family 25 Days of Christmas (one more day!!!).
21. Saddest Christmas Song? That Christmas Shoes song, it's so sad :(
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree